Medicine and handicapped aids
Charities providing medicine and handicapped aids are affected by tax legislation in various different ways. Whether this is through VAT zero rates, or import duty reliefs, charities need to know how they stand to benefit and how they need to comply.
Charities may also be interested in Equipment.
- Charity funded equipment for medical, veterinary etc uses – VAT zero rating
- Donated medical equipment
- Drugs, medicines and aids for the handicapped
- Specific goods for disabled people – Import Duties
- Substances used in medical research
- Talking books for blind people – VAT zero rating
- VAT refund scheme for search and rescue charities, air ambulances and medical courier charities
- VAT zero rates