Company Tax Return (CT600) 2017 guide published

HMRC has published the 2017 edition of its guide on completing a Company Tax Return.

It tells users how to complete the Company Tax Return form CT600 and what other information needs to be included in the return, but it is not a guide to the Corporation Tax Acts. The guide includes links to further HMRC guidance about specific provisions although users may need to seek professional advice if there are any points they are unsure of.

CT600E (pages 41-43 of the guide) is the relevant form for Charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) and the guide includes information on:

  • Claims to exemption
  • Repayments
  • Information required
  • Investments and loans – applies to charities only
  • Restrictions of relief for non-qualifying expenditure

Organisations giving to charities or CASCs should refer to s305 of the guide Qualifying donations.

Charities may also wish to refer to HMRC’s internal Company Taxation manual for charities

  • CTM40055 General
  • CTM40060 Trading
  • CTM40065 ‘Profit shedding’ by Gift Aid

Please also join the conversation on the software you use to file your charity trading subsidiary tax returns and charity accounts.