The Charity Tax Group (CTG) is grateful to the Charity Finance Group (CFG) for granting permission to reproduce the slides from a recent webinar on a Making Tax Digital (MTD) Case Study with Cancer Research UK (CRUK).
Following an introduction by Richard Sagar (CFG) and Richard Bray (Finance, Regulatory and Taxes Manager at CRUK and CTG Vice-Chair), Rosie Durham (Tax Projects Manager at CRUK), builds on her presentation at CTG’s Tax Conference to give a detailed overview of the steps the charity is taking to ensure compliance with MTD.
Rosie’s presentation covered the following issues:
- Reminder of key deadlines
- Setting the scene: CRUK’s current VAT Return process
- Adjustments: examples
- How will Making Tax Digital affect CRUK?
- Approach to the Making Tax Digital project
- What can stay the same/what will CRUK need to do differently?
- What have HMRC said about adjustments? (as referenced in Rosie’s presentation see also https://www.charitytaxgroup.org.uk/news-post/2018/making-tax-digital-updates-discussions-hmrc-permitted-adjustments/)
- How will CRUK meet the 2019 & 2020 deadlines?
- Digital links and digital records
- Challenges encountered/areas where CRUK is seeking clarity
A link to a recording of the webinar can also be accessed here (NB you may need to wait for the page to redirect and will need to register for access)
CTG’s website includes a wide range of MTD resources here.