CTG will be holding a virtual meeting for charity members on 22 September 2020.
The meeting will include updates from CTG’s Management Committee and Technical Adviser, Graham Elliott, on recent developments, things to watch out for going forward and the status of discussions with HMRC. There will also be the opportunity for Q&A. CTG will not be able to comment on specific technical questions affecting your charity, but can comment on general points of principle, best practice and signpost to relevant guidance.
If you would like to participate in the meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance (members are welcome to attend for one or both sessions) and/or share with interested colleagues.
14.00-14.40: VAT updates
- CTG research project to quantify the value of VAT reliefs for charities
- VAT and digital advertising – what you need to know
- COVID-19 developments
- VAT implications of temporary change of RCP/RRP use
- VAT and e-publications – zero rating fast-tracked
- VAT deferral – next steps and repayments
- Making Tax Digital – digital links deadline extended
- Temporary VAT change for hospitality and accommodation
- VAT treatment of DfID grants and other similar funding
14.50-15.30: Gift Aid and other tax developments
- Updates from the Gift Aid practical issues working group, including
- Ways to maximise Gift Aid claims during COVID-19
- Gift Aid Emergency Relief proposals
- Facebook Donate
- Gift Aid Awareness Day
- Other Gift Aid updates
- Business Rates Review (England)
- 9 month period for payment of Gift Aid by trading subsidiaries
- COVID-19 funding/support updates including
- Job Retention Scheme/Bonus
- Charity/sector-specific support packages
- Retail Grants – state aid issues
There are 39 places left.